The Amateur Archer - a blog about bows, equipment, and related gear


 



Welcome to The Amateur Archer!  Archery is a passion of mine and here, you will find entries about equipment reviews, my thoughts, and other posts about gear related to archery, EDC gadgets, and other things I find interesting.

I mostly practice Olympic style target archery and traditional archery.  I also occasionally shoot compound bows for a change of pace, but I find I much prefer the simplicity of a single stringed bow.  Something about the beautiful simplicity of a recurve or longbow appeals to me.  Of course, the Olympic recurve with its sight and stabilizer rods appears to be far from simple, but it is in essence, still a recurve.

I do not intend this blog to ever become a highly visited page from the start (or possibly ever).  Instead, I intend for it to act more like Dumbledore's pensieve - a place for me to jot down my thoughts and findings about my interests.  I hope the blog would end up useful to some who read it and perhaps, eventually become a small repository of information others can utilize.  Often times, I search online looking for reviews and/or insights on a particular piece of equipment I am looking to purchase and find little to nothing on the subject.  I figure, if I am looking for this information, then there must be at least a few others out there who are too.

Because I will be doing reviews on archery equipment, feedback would always be appreciated from readers as well as suggestions for future reviews and review content.  I do not consider myself an expert on the subject by any stretch of the imagination, so if you discover an error, I would not be offended at all if you point it out.  I would rather be corrected now than continue on ignorant.  I do lack access to shooting machines or a shooting rig so draw force curves (DFC) will not be available, but I do have a draw scale, a chronograph, and a decent amount of experience with archery gear ranging from entry-level to top-tier.  Much of my review content will contain subjective assessments, but I will try to balance it with some hard data in regards to mass weight, draw weight, arrow weight, arrow velocity, etc.

Again, welcome to my blog, and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy blogging about it!


   
                                                                                                                                        - Jason C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog